Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mate desktop is static

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
corsairetc

Mate desktop is static

#1 Post by corsairetc »

Hello,
Yesterday I was login to my Debian 8 x64. WHen desktop show up everything looks as usually, until I want to click the system item nothing happened. So I try to click Places;Application nothing no menu was roll out. So I try click on computer icon on desktop situation is same nothing happened icon was be only highlighted. Now my mate desktop is only static picture withou interaction. I can only work via ssh. I try reinstall mate-desktop-enviroment, from ssh I run lightdm restart. Restart whole system.
Nothing help so far.
Does any one has this problem ?

Thank you for any help.

bw123

Re: Mate desktop is static

#2 Post by bw123 »

Does it happen when you create a new user and use that? A good thing to check when having problems using desktop environments. That way you know if it is a problem with config in home, or something more serious.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

corsairetc

#3 Post by corsairetc »

I try to cennect via VNC with different users and there is desktop works. So what could be wrong with my account ?

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

why via VNC? don't you have direct access? can't you do what was suggested in the last post? is this some sort of server?

corsairetc

#5 Post by corsairetc »

I fix it. I was open the terminal and type:

Code: Select all

sudo tasksel
and uninstall and again reinstall the MATE. Now is working.