Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to change fonts in links2 (graphical) browser?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
bedtime

How to change fonts in links2 (graphical) browser?

#1 Post by bedtime »

When I say links2, I mean xlinks2 or links2 ran with the -g (graphics mode) parameter. Obviously, if ran in terminal one could just change the terminal's font and be done with it.

I've done several net searches and have turned up with unrelated results. The links2 program on my machine has been compiled from source, so if there is a particular setting to be changed, it can be done; I would greatly appreciate knowing it. :)

I can only think of one way to change the fonts, and that would be to delete all the unwanted fonts until I am left with the desired font or to rename a standard font as the one I would like to use, but I'd rather do this the proper way if it can be done.

Also, if anyone knows (chances are 1:10000000) how to change the width of the scroll bar. I know it can't be done externally and must be done in code, but I've looked and looked and have found settings for the scroll bar but none relating to width or thickness.

Thanks.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: How to change fonts in links2 (graphical) browser?

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

From the documentation:
Fonts are compiled directly into the executable file, so that Links doesn't rely on fonts installed on the system.
http://links.twibright.com/user_en.html

The fonts seem to consist of individual .png files for each character (!) stored in a folder (named after the font) in graphics/font in the source tarball ;)
deadbang

bedtime

Re: How to change fonts in links2 (graphical) browser?

#3 Post by bedtime »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:From the documentation:
Fonts are compiled directly into the executable file, so that Links doesn't rely on fonts installed on the system.
http://links.twibright.com/user_en.html

The fonts seem to consist of individual .png files for each character (!) stored in a folder (named after the font) in graphics/font in the source tarball ;)
So, the short answer is that it's hopeless. Why they would want to do this is beyond me.

Oh well. At least one can still change font in the console browser.'

Thank you for looking it up!