LightDM

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

LightDM

Postby shogun1234 » 2018-02-19 21:53

My current environment is done with netinstall, and just replaced gdm3 with lightDM. Now two questions:

- How to source .profile from lightDM?
On the internet some says .profile can be sourced by adding line in .xsession, but that doesn't work in my case.

Code: Select all
. /home/<userA>/.profile # source /home/<userA>/.profile doesn't work either.
exec i3

- How to auto lock after a period of time when inactivity.
I can lock with dm-tool lock, but I want it to be able to lock automatically after a period of time going inactivity. How can I achieve that effect? Search with keywords e.g. lightdm dm-tool auto lock inactivity doesn't find solutions that work.

Thanks
shogun1234

Re: LightDM

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2018-02-19 21:54

Use ~/.xsessionrc instead of ~/.profile

EDIT: for screen locking see https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=2080
dbruce wrote:Ubuntu forums try to be like a coffee shop in Seattle. Debian forums strive for the charm and ambience of a skinhead bar in Bacau. We intend to keep it that way.
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: LightDM

Postby None1975 » 2018-02-20 14:22

shogun1234 wrote:- How to auto lock after a period of time when inactivity.I can lock with dm-tool lock, but I want it to be able to lock automatically after a period of time going inactivity. How can I achieve that effect? Search with keywords e.g. lightdm dm-tool auto lock inactivity doesn't find solutions that work. Thanks

Hello. You can install package xautolock and add line to your .xsessiorc
Code: Select all
xautolock -time 10 -locker 'slock' &
None1975

Return to Desktop & Multimedia