Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Small issues in Dolphin and volume with Stretch 9.2

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
linuxsat

Small issues in Dolphin and volume with Stretch 9.2

#1 Post by linuxsat »

Hello,

I have two small issues with my Stretch 9.2 (on a Dell 5480 laptop) I cannot solve:

The first one is in Dolphin which do not save some of my options (especially the "show menubar").
I tried to put a new dolphinrc file in various places especially in the /Home/myhome/.config but
the file is replaced each time I reboot. I do not find a dolphinrc file in /usr/local/share, usr/share or /etc/config
So, where is the file which overwrite my dolphinrc? Is there another solution?

The second one is related to the known bug about the default volume (which is 100%) I already use the solution
proposed in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/201 ... 00046.html
and consequently I have already modified my /etc/pulse/daemon.conf (flat-volume=yes > flat-volume=no).
Nevertheless, the problem persist for the first notification made (for instance when I recieve my first email or
when I first delete a file).

Thanks for suggestions

bw123

Re: Small issues in Dolphin and volume with Stretch 9.2

#2 Post by bw123 »

linuxsat wrote: ...
I tried to put a new dolphinrc file in various places especially in the /Home/myhome/.config but
the file is replaced each time I reboot.
That is odd, maybe until you can sort it out you could hack it with your version on bootup with a script in ~/.config/autostart-scripts
I never use saved sessions, maybe that has something to do with it? There's a tick for that in systemsettings> startup > desktop session maybe try that.
linuxsat wrote: ...I have already modified my /etc/pulse/daemon.conf (flat-volume=yes > flat-volume=no).
Nevertheless, the problem persist for the first notification made...
Yeah that's sad, I tried to get along with pulseaudio this time around but that one was a real pita I ended up going with a plain alsa setup and kmix again.
resigned by AI ChatGPT

Wheelerof4te

#3 Post by Wheelerof4te »

linuxsat wrote:The second one is related to the known bug about the default volume (which is 100%) I already use the solutionproposed inhttps://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2017/01/msg00046.htmland consequently I have already modified my /etc/pulse/daemon.conf (flat-volume=yes > flat-volume=no).
Install pavucontrol

Code: Select all

apt install pavucontrol
and set the system sounds manually. Leave flat-volumes (with "s", it's not flat-volume) at:

Code: Select all

flat-volumes = no
as in:
https://wiki.debian.org/PulseAudio#Soun ... s_too_loud

Radvan

#4 Post by Radvan »

Talking the small issues: KMail daemon (report an incoming message) does not start in Stretch KDE on startup. I need to open KMail and close it after logging in - now the daemon is running and reporting new messages. But I must not forget opening the KMail :mrgreen: otherwise, I will think that I have nothing to answer and I have.

linuxsat

#5 Post by linuxsat »

@bw123, Wheelerof4te Thanks for your answser, I'll try.

kdeready

#6 Post by kdeready »

linuxsat wrote:Hello,
The second one is related to the known bug about the default volume (which is 100%) I already use the solution
proposed in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/201 ... 00046.html
and consequently I have already modified my /etc/pulse/daemon.conf (flat-volume=yes > flat-volume=no).
Nevertheless, the problem persist for the first notification made (for instance when I recieve my first email or
when I first delete a file).
The solution:
Create "/.config/pulse/daemon.conf" (if you don't have it) and put "flat-volumes = no" there. Then run "pulseaudio -k && pulseaudio --start" in a terminal.

For some reason PulseAudio doesn't register changes made in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf.