Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Openbox + Matchbox-keyboard for kiosk browser

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
JirkaRCK

Openbox + Matchbox-keyboard for kiosk browser

#1 Post by JirkaRCK »

Please, I would like to make lightweight kisok web browser witch touch keyboard on BeagleBone Black. I have a problem with matchbox-keyboard touch keyboard in Openbox. When keyboard starts, it affects behaving of other windows. Full screen windows are filling just a lower half of screen. I need full screen always behind Midori and always above keyboard. I found solution in rc.xml of Openbox, but independent on this setting, just after instalation and first start, keyboard affects windows.

The easiest and most effective way for touch based kiosk browser is Chromium with --kiosk parameter and touch keyboard plugin, but Chromium has incredible source consumption. It is practicaly useless on this embedded ARM.

cronoik

Re: Openbox + Matchbox-keyboard for kiosk browser

#2 Post by cronoik »

JirkaRCK wrote:...I found solution in rc.xml of Openbox...
What have you written there? Please post the parts you have modified? I guess you are talking about "applications" section of the rc.xml?
JirkaRCK wrote:...When keyboard starts, it affects behaving of other windows. Full screen windows are filling just a lower half of screen....
Does it make a difference when you start the keyboard after midori?
Have a nice day!