Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[KDE] - Notification problem when renaming.

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Coline

[KDE] - Notification problem when renaming.

#1 Post by Coline »

Hi.

When I rename a lot of pictures in Dolphin by selecting all and pressing F2 (or right-click, rename), I got a notification for "moving files" (I get it, it use the mv command), but I got it for every single file...So, if I rename 500 pictures, the notification appears 500 times...I can disable the function, but if I do that, I can't get informations about copy for example.

bw123

Re: [KDE] - Notification problem when renaming.

#2 Post by bw123 »

I don't get any notification when renaming, copying or moving files in dolphin? I don't see anything in the config to turn that on, but I don't use it very often.

Maybe if you give more info about what ver and where you are turning this on/off someone else can help.
$ dolphin --version
dolphin 16.08.3
resigned by AI ChatGPT

Coline

Re: [KDE] - Notification problem when renaming.

#3 Post by Coline »

Hi.
Sorry.
I use Debian Stretch with KDE. Nothing more. I have the same version as you. The notifications are in the panel.