Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED]Audio problem with headphones

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
melfn

[SOLVED]Audio problem with headphones

#1 Post by melfn »

Hi all, I have a problem with audio. It works fine with the speakers, but when I connect any kind of headphones, the audio continues to be played by the speakers.

Here is the output of alsa-info, ran while the headphones were connected.
I tried several methods I googled, including:
* unmuting and raising the volumes trough pulseaudio
* editing some alsa related files in the /etc/modprobe.d/ directory
* removing all the configuration files of pulseaudio, then killing and restarting pulseaudio
* restoring alsactl
* editing /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/analog-output-headphones.conf

and then rebooting, but none of them worked.
Can you please help me to fix my problem?

Thank you in advance
Last edited by melfn on 2018-03-25 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Audio problem with headphones

#2 Post by Hallvor »

[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

melfn

Re: Audio problem with headphones

#3 Post by melfn »

Hallvor wrote:Any luck with this method? https://wiki.debian.org/PulseAudio#Fron ... ot_working
Hi Hallvor, thank you for the reply. I read the guide you posted, but unfortunately, I don't even understand what procedure should I follow to fix my problem. That is because I don't know the meaning of the terms and expressions "toggle feature of a sound card", "bring up the alsamixer", "switch the audio output", "read of a card" and "front panel".
I think someone should rewrite that guide so that it is more understandable by users which are not expert in this field like I am.

Anyway, I searched on the web "switch audio output from the read of the card to the front-panel debian" and I ended up in the pacmd command.
So I did

Code: Select all

pacmd list-cards
That lists informations about the available sound cards. I noticed the output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo profile, that I set:

Code: Select all

pacmd set-card-profile 0 output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
This fixed my problem.