Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can t make bumblebee nvidia working on debian stretch

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
moctavianro

Can t make bumblebee nvidia working on debian stretch

#1 Post by moctavianro »

Can t make bumblebee-nvidia work in debian stretch. I was able to make it work in older version. After installing it xorg can t start, i get the init black screen flickering, need to wait 2 minutes for it to stop and access the terminal. If running nvidia-detect i get the Message that no nvidia card is detected. If run lspci | grep "VGA|3D" i can see the card there. My machine ia a laptop Asus rog g750jz with i7 4th generation and nvidia 880. I alrredy tried a lot of tutorials, including https://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee. Nothing worked...please help :)

debiman

Re: Can t make bumblebee nvidia working on debian stretch

#2 Post by debiman »

show us all installation, testing, troubleshooting steps. code tags for code.

moctavianro

#3 Post by moctavianro »

i will get back with a lot of more data this night, the steps used, messages, conf file contents, etc. Do you have some preferences about the log files? :) Just say some file and will upload them also. I thought it is a common problem and hoped to got a quick solution to this... :(

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

moctavianro wrote:I thought it is a common problem and hoped to got a quick solution to this...
common problems are best solved by researching how others solved it before you.
did you?