Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Rotate and save a pdf [SOLVED]

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Deblib

Rotate and save a pdf [SOLVED]

#1 Post by Deblib »

Hi, I would like to know how to easily save a pdf in Debian Stretch that I have previously rotated some pages for.
Last edited by Deblib on 2018-05-12 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Dai_trying

Re: Rotate and save a pdf

#2 Post by Dai_trying »

One package that was recently recommended to me was master pdf editor which comes in a paid and a free version, not sure if it will do what you want as I have only used it a little for some testing but might be worth a try.

Deblib

#3 Post by Deblib »

Looking around a little bit for Google I found this package that does just what I wanted! :D

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install pdfshuffler

kevinthefixer

#4 Post by kevinthefixer »

Dai_trying wrote:One package that was recently recommended to me was master pdf editor which comes in a paid and a free version, not sure if it will do what you want as I have only used it a little for some testing but might be worth a try.
Been using Master PDF Editor for a year or two now and no problems. Sorry IDK if it will rotate pages or no, haven't needed to do that. I did create a .pdf parts manual from scanned pages, and near as I can tell the OCR was 100% dead on. The paper manual is about 60 years old! This was with the free version. I would have had to pay for the ability to "optimize" the .pdf, that is, reduce the file size (32 pages scanned at 300 dpi, got about 20 MB file size). Thinking about stepping up for it, though, even though it's pricey and you pay per machine. Runs flawlessly on both Jessie and Stretch for me.

arzgi

#5 Post by arzgi »

Deblib wrote:Looking around a little bit for Google I found this package that does just what I wanted! :D

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install pdfshuffler
pdfshuffler and pdfchain, both in debian repos, get the job done. And a lot more.