Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Dolphin doesn't remember the icon sizes per folder

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
merloki

[SOLVED] Dolphin doesn't remember the icon sizes per folder

#1 Post by merloki »

I am using Debian Testing and KDE Plasma and I had a crash with KDE Plasma and after this crash I couldn't login anymore.

To fix this login issue I removed the .local and .config folders from my home folder.

This allowed me to login and after the login I replaced most of the files in the .local and .config folders with the old files.

My KDE Plasma desktop is working fine again but I have one remaining issue, dolphin doesn't remember the icon sizes per folder.

Dolphin itself is configured correctly to remember the view properties for the specific folders.

But maybe the configuration file that dolphin uses to remember these settings per folder is missing or corrupt.

Does anyone know which file that dolphin uses to store these settings? Any help will be welcome.
Last edited by merloki on 2018-05-18 07:36, edited 1 time in total.

Wheelerof4te

Re: Dolphin doesn't remember the icon sizes per folder

#2 Post by Wheelerof4te »

merloki wrote:Debian Testing
merloki wrote:KDE Plasma
merloki wrote:crash
Found your problems. Be careful when you upgrade on Testing, things might break.
BTW, Sid is the true rolling-release-like (notice the "like" there) branch in Debian. Transitions are faster there, while on Testing everything has to be, well, tested to work on all archs. If this is of any great importance to you, you should file a bug report.

merloki

Re: Dolphin doesn't remember the icon sizes per folder

#3 Post by merloki »

Wheelerof4te wrote:Found your problems. Be careful when you upgrade on Testing, things might break.
BTW, Sid is the true rolling-release-like (notice the "like" there) branch in Debian. Transitions are faster there, while on Testing everything has to be, well, tested to work on all archs. If this is of any great importance to you, you should file a bug report.
I think that the crash was related to an old aurorae theme (or maybe my custom plasma theme) that I installed. I want a compromise between no bugs and up-to-date packages and that's why I'm using testing and I'm happy with the system so far. My old dolphin setting that I used during the last months was 'preview on' for all folders. But now that it doesn't save the exact preview size per folder I have to adjust the zoom level every time when I switch from an image folder to a document folder. But I discovered yesterday that dolphin still remembers the preview on/off status per folder. So I just went to the root folder, selected all the files and applied the 'preview off' setting to all the files and I also set all the image folders to 'preview on'. I didn't find a fix for my original issue, but this workaround is good enough for me.