Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Is there a way to make cups:i368 not break cups:amd64 ?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
gurfle

Is there a way to make cups:i368 not break cups:amd64 ?

#1 Post by gurfle »

I am posting here a brief follow-up on this previous post of mine, that has yet to receive a satisfactory response.

I do not understand enough about all the intricacies of cups to know if the answer to the topic question is an unequivocal "no", but if not, it would seem to be extremely useful to know how to have both 32- and 64-bit cups running side by side, because otherwise, no i386 program will have access to cups printing on amd64 hardware, and in particular no windows 95/8 programs running in wine can print through the "windows" printing system provided by wine (via wine32), which strikes me as a serious deficiency (the only one I have yet encountered in wine 8) ).

Edit: The answer to the topic question is (sort of) yes.

milomak

Re: Is there a way to make cups:i368 not break cups:amd64 ?

#2 Post by milomak »

i have always found that emailing the maintainer is a great about finding out what you want is on the radar screen

aptitude show cups says this is the maintainer address - debian-printing@lists.debian.org

get in there. perhaps provide some feedback on what you find out.
Desktop: A320M-A PRO MAX, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GALAX GeForce RTX™ 2060 Super EX (1-Click OC) - Sid, Win10, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Solus
Laptop: hp 250 G8 i3 11th Gen - Sid
Kodi: AMD Athlon 5150 APU w/Radeon HD 8400 - Sid