Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Chromium not playing youtube videos

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Grell

Chromium not playing youtube videos

#1 Post by Grell »

Hello, I am using Debian Sid and I have noticed a few days ago that Chromium will not load any videos on youtube. Where the video should be it just says "An error occurred. Please try again later" and the background is just like TV static. This has been going on for a few days now and I was hoping that someone would fix the problem and update the repos. Unfortunately this issue is still going on. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks.

debiman

Re: Chromium not playing youtube videos

#2 Post by debiman »

sorry to be blunt, but if you're using sid you should be able to provide more information.
preliminary troubleshooting, first search results, some terminal output etc. etc.

PS: i'm just noticing that this is the third thread you started (fairly recently, considering your join date) on media problems on chromium. please make an effort to centralise the information & insights gathered so far.

Bulkley

#3 Post by Bulkley »

debiman wrote:sorry to be blunt, but if you're using sid you should be able to provide more information.
+1. Someone using Sid (Unstable) should be able to fix it.

Wheelerof4te

#4 Post by Wheelerof4te »

There were threads about this issue, and it's related to this bug:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=900533
Things like these are why I'm not using Sid anymore. While I could have made a workaround by using Firefox in the meantime, bugs like this one are not to be expected on a working production system. Which Sid isn't by design.