[Solved] SimpleScreenRecorder (With uncompressed Audio)?

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

[Solved] SimpleScreenRecorder (With uncompressed Audio)?

Postby bester69 » 2018-06-10 11:14

Hi,
Im trying to set SCR for a low CPU demmand recording...

Ive figure it out the best parameters would be theses ones in order to get an optimal recording while keeping the lowest cpu demmand.:
- Container: Matroska (mkv)
- Preset: UltraFast
- VideCodec: H.264 (Hight quality and the fastest)
- ConstantRateFactor: 25 (close to default)
- AudioCodec: Without Compression (or wavpack??)

_____
Then when finishing the recording I extract audio track, apply denoised filter and add it back to a mp4 container.
i.e. ffmpeg -i SCR.mpv -vcodec copy finalresult.mp4 (It just reencode audio track while copy codec video; So I get the finak result very quickly)

My question is, Can I get any synchronization audio issue by not having to encoding simultaneously the audio trackin SCR previously recording?? (Without Compression) . Im afraid so, but im not sure, I need some feefback confirmation here...

Would it happend the same if i used wavpack, It doesnt lool like a regular encoding??

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by bester69 on 2018-06-11 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Re: SimpleScreenRecorder (With uncompressed Audio)?

Postby bester69 » 2018-06-11 07:34

debiman wrote:https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1389341#p1389341

OK, Thanks for answering debi,
But I was asking if i might get any trouble synchronization by not enconding simultaneously Audio+Video. So I guess It's enought by encoding both of them even by separate and then put them together. I think to remember issues audio synchronization happend when audio was not encoding perhaps,, I dont know.. :?

ANother litle question.:
higher video bitrate tend to rawvideo, so I guess It tends to lower CPU , So It would the best to use the closest crf to 0 for x264 codec, thought this means a bigger video file?
bester69 wrote:There is nothing to install in linux, from time to time i go to google searching for something fresh to install in linux, but, there is nothing
bester69

Re: SimpleScreenRecorder (With uncompressed Audio)?

Postby bester69 » 2018-06-11 07:51

Ive tried rawvideo codec, and Ive got the feeling it consumes some more cpu than H.264 enconding; Ive also seen h.264 consume more or less the same cpu by varying crf bitrate parameter,so It's a curious thing....

I will use my solution.

thanks.
bester69

Return to Desktop & Multimedia