Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] SimpleScreenRecorder (With uncompressed Audio)?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
bester69

[Solved] SimpleScreenRecorder (With uncompressed Audio)?

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,
Im trying to set SCR for a low CPU demmand recording...

Ive figure it out the best parameters would be theses ones in order to get an optimal recording while keeping the lowest cpu demmand.:
- Container: Matroska (mkv)
- Preset: UltraFast
- VideCodec: H.264 (Hight quality and the fastest)
- ConstantRateFactor: 25 (close to default)
- AudioCodec: Without Compression (or wavpack??)

_____
Then when finishing the recording I extract audio track, apply denoised filter and add it back to a mp4 container.
i.e. ffmpeg -i SCR.mpv -vcodec copy finalresult.mp4 (It just reencode audio track while copy codec video; So I get the finak result very quickly)

My question is, Can I get any synchronization audio issue by not having to encoding simultaneously the audio trackin SCR previously recording?? (Without Compression) . Im afraid so, but im not sure, I need some feefback confirmation here...

Would it happend the same if i used wavpack, It doesnt lool like a regular encoding??

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by bester69 on 2018-06-11 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

Re: SimpleScreenRecorder (With uncompressed Audio)?

#3 Post by bester69 »

OK, Thanks for answering debi,
But I was asking if i might get any trouble synchronization by not enconding simultaneously Audio+Video. So I guess It's enought by encoding both of them even by separate and then put them together. I think to remember issues audio synchronization happend when audio was not encoding perhaps,, I dont know.. :?

ANother litle question.:
higher video bitrate tend to rawvideo, so I guess It tends to lower CPU , So It would the best to use the closest crf to 0 for x264 codec, thought this means a bigger video file?
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

Re: SimpleScreenRecorder (With uncompressed Audio)?

#4 Post by bester69 »

Ive tried rawvideo codec, and Ive got the feeling it consumes some more cpu than H.264 enconding; Ive also seen h.264 consume more or less the same cpu by varying crf bitrate parameter,so It's a curious thing....

I will use my solution.

thanks.