Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Some issues in PCManFM-Qt file manager (edited)

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
slm

Some issues in PCManFM-Qt file manager (edited)

#1 Post by slm »

Hi!,

I'm a new LXQt user in Debian Buster 64-bit and I find some annoyances in PCManFM-Qt:

- You can select and compress a set of folders, same for a set of files... not both at the same time. "Compress" disappears from the context menu.
- You can't drag and drop to create a link, move or copy in the frame of places.
- You can't send to the trash with the Del-key, you must press Shift+Del which is usual to delete permanently.

Are they normal behaviors?

Regards.

arzgi

Re: Some issues in PCManFM-Qt file manager (edited)

#2 Post by arzgi »

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Weird things happen if you use testing. If you are not a seasoned Debian user who can do something to bugs, I'd suggest stable.

slm

#3 Post by slm »

Good advice...so, is a tester necessarily a developer 1:1?

arzgi

#4 Post by arzgi »

No, it is good to have many people using testing, but not as daily/productive os. When using testing, and finding possible bug, you should search bug reports, if it is already filed, if not, describe it as accurately as possible, or give a patch how to fix.

Stable may have older programs, but that's the price you have to pay if you want stable system, that will not brake.

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#5 Post by arochester »

Have you tried using pcmanfm instead of pcmanfm-qt?