Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mate top panel display issue

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
tomiette

Mate top panel display issue

#1 Post by tomiette »

Hi all,

I am running Kali Linux with Mate desktop. My laptop's screen is a 14" 4K. the automatic scaling is working, so that icons are bigger but not blurry. This screen seems to be perfectly handled by the system.

Since a few weeks, the panel at the top of my Mate desktop is not displaying properly the network, the time and date etc. I cannot read the information as they are half displayed. For example i see half of the network image, and can only see "Sun 21 O". all icons seem to be cut in half-

I would like to add a screenshot but it seems to be forbidden.... :(

Has anybody experienced this issue already ?

Thank you !

GarryRicketson

Re: Mate top panel display issue

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

Welcome to Debian User Forums
I am running Kali Linux with Mate desktop
Well that is nice, but what does that have to do with Debian ? This would be a good "off topic" discussion, or a good question to ask at the "kali forums" ,... The first response will probably be , Did you read some documentation about Kali Linux , before you decided to install it for use on a Desktop PC, and using a DE ?
https://docs.kali.org/introduction/shou ... kali-linux
What’s Different About Kali Linux?

Kali Linux is specifically geared to meet the requirements of professional penetration testing and security auditing. To achieve this, several core changes have been implemented in Kali Linux which reflect these needs:
Kali Linux is NOT Debian, nor is it a Debian distribution.
If you need help and support with Kali, they have a support forum here: https://docs.kali.org/category/community