Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Annoying Notifications blocked problem

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
leondante

Annoying Notifications blocked problem

#1 Post by leondante »

Hello, I can't find solutions in internet for the issue that took me here. The notification tag shows up, blocks my Opera browser (or any other program, Slack too, I didn't see if other programs do it also), and after a minute or two with the program involved blocked, the tag stays there, over everything, fully blocked. And if any notification shows up again, it happens the same. A couple minutes waiting until the program start to work again and the tag stays there...

I have a good desktop gaming PC (medium, not high end) with nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB (with non-free drivers), an i5 processor, an MSI Z270 MB and a GSkill Trident Z 8 GB ram. I'm using the last Debian 9.0.5 release for this date, installed a couple days ago. I'm using Gnome MATE.

¿Where can I start to solve the issue?

Thanks for any help.

leondante

Re: Annoying Notifications blocked problem

#2 Post by leondante »

Hello again. I just noticed that Guake and Slack notifications works fine, and their are different to the Opera ones. These first ones have an X to close them, and the Opera ones have an 'Activate' button, but not cross to close at all. Smells like Opera issue to me. I'll check at Opera forums and ask there, and I'll tell you here about what I found there.