Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

kmail local folders on another partition fails

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Legolas1309

kmail local folders on another partition fails

#1 Post by Legolas1309 »

- What I am looking for: My Debian9 system is on /dev/sda5 (SSD), while all my data (including emails) are stored on a harddisk /dev/sdb1/mydata/mail/.
- What was running successfuly: In Deb8.2 (kde 4.1.4.2; kmail 4.1.4.1 ) it was easy. Local email folders were in /home/Legolas/kde/share/apps/kmail/mail. I created a link, called "mail" and pointing to /dev/sdb1/mydata/mail/ . Running perfectly.
- What fails now: In Deb 9 (kmail 5.2.3; kde 5.2.3) local emails are in a folder called /home/Legolas/.local/.share/akonadi_maildir_resource_0/mail/. Now, I tried the same procedure: Erase the folder akonadi_maildir_resource_0 and create a link with the same name. The problem: As soon as I restart kmail, the folder akonadi_maildir_resource_0 is recreated (by kmail ? by akonadi ? dont know) and kmail prefers to work with the folder instead of working with the link. So kmail cannot see my local folders.
- My question: What to do ? Am I the only one having this trouble, which would surprise me ? Is there another solution possible than the link ?
- Somewhere I read to choose location of local email folder in akonadi config, but up to now I didnot find how to config akonadi server.
- btw: I posted this subject already in kde-forum https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=156151 but got no answer.
Thanks for support.