Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

flash stopped working

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
ckosloff

Re: flash stopped working

#16 Post by ckosloff »

I need to add the keys for the MX-17 repo, I got the syntax from the website, and I tried to download the key, I can do both, but, should I download the key into some directory in my system and then navigate there in Konsole and execute the command?

ckosloff

#17 Post by ckosloff »

stevepusser wrote:You need to install the adobe-flashplugin package. If you did add the MX repo, with the non-free section, then

Code: Select all

apt update
apt install adobe-flashplugin
Otherwise, you can directly download the adobe-flashplugin deb for MX 17 for your architecture from here: http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/non-free ... ashplugin/

and install the local deb file by any of the means that are repeated countless times in these forums (hint: gdebi). Note that I DID NOT SAY the adobe-flashplugin-properities-XXX debs, those are optional.

The Ubuntu packages are set to work with their variant of the Chromium browser and will not work with Debian's. I have modified the MX packages to work with Debian's.

ckosloff

#18 Post by ckosloff »

ckosloff wrote:
stevepusser wrote:You need to install the adobe-flashplugin package. If you did add the MX repo, with the non-free section, then

apt update
apt install adobe-flashplugin
Otherwise, you can directly download the adobe-flashplugin deb for MX 17 for your architecture from here: http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/non-free ... ashplugin/

and install the local deb file by any of the means that are repeated countless times in these forums (hint: gdebi). Note that I DID NOT SAY the adobe-flashplugin-properities-XXX debs, those are optional.

The Ubuntu packages are set to work with their variant of the Chromium browser and will not work with Debian's. I have modified the MX packages to work with Debian's.

ckosloff@crosshair:/media/Data/Linux_downloads$ gdebi adobe-flashplugin_20181205.1-1mx17+1_amd64.deb 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree        
Reading state information... Done
This package is uninstallable
Conflicts with the installed package 'pepperflashplugin-nonfree'
ckosloff@crosshair:/media/Data/Linux_downloads$ 
I tried as root with same results.

stevepusser

#19 Post by stevepusser »

Remove pepperflashplugin-nonfree first. It broke a long time ago and hasn't been fixed.

You can download and install the mx-archive-keyring package to use the repo: http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/m/m ... e-keyring/
MX Linux packager and developer