flash stopped working

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

Re: flash stopped working

Postby ckosloff » 2018-12-12 02:45

I need to add the keys for the MX-17 repo, I got the syntax from the website, and I tried to download the key, I can do both, but, should I download the key into some directory in my system and then navigate there in Konsole and execute the command?
ckosloff

Postby ckosloff » 2018-12-12 20:47

stevepusser wrote:You need to install the adobe-flashplugin package. If you did add the MX repo, with the non-free section, then
Code: Select all
apt update
apt install adobe-flashplugin

Otherwise, you can directly download the adobe-flashplugin deb for MX 17 for your architecture from here: http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/non-free ... ashplugin/

and install the local deb file by any of the means that are repeated countless times in these forums (hint: gdebi). Note that I DID NOT SAY the adobe-flashplugin-properities-XXX debs, those are optional.

The Ubuntu packages are set to work with their variant of the Chromium browser and will not work with Debian's. I have modified the MX packages to work with Debian's.
ckosloff

Postby ckosloff » 2018-12-12 20:48

ckosloff wrote:
stevepusser wrote:You need to install the adobe-flashplugin package. If you did add the MX repo, with the non-free section, then
apt update
apt install adobe-flashplugin

Otherwise, you can directly download the adobe-flashplugin deb for MX 17 for your architecture from here: http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/non-free ... ashplugin/

and install the local deb file by any of the means that are repeated countless times in these forums (hint: gdebi). Note that I DID NOT SAY the adobe-flashplugin-properities-XXX debs, those are optional.

The Ubuntu packages are set to work with their variant of the Chromium browser and will not work with Debian's. I have modified the MX packages to work with Debian's.

ckosloff@crosshair:/media/Data/Linux_downloads$ gdebi adobe-flashplugin_20181205.1-1mx17+1_amd64.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
This package is uninstallable
Conflicts with the installed package 'pepperflashplugin-nonfree'
ckosloff@crosshair:/media/Data/Linux_downloads$

I tried as root with same results.
ckosloff

Postby stevepusser » 2018-12-12 21:49

Remove pepperflashplugin-nonfree first. It broke a long time ago and hasn't been fixed.

You can download and install the mx-archive-keyring package to use the repo: http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/m/m ... e-keyring/
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Foliate 1.5.3, Minitube 3.1, wine-staging 4.14, Virtual Box 5.2.32 & 6.0.10, Pale Moon 28.6.1, Waterfox 56.2.13
stevepusser

Previous

Return to Desktop & Multimedia