Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[solved] Neo 2 keyboard layout stuck in mode 4

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Onsemeliot

[solved] Neo 2 keyboard layout stuck in mode 4

#1 Post by Onsemeliot »

Today I activated the Neo 2 keyboard layout in Debian stable since I want to learn efficient 10-finger typing finally. I did some research and have the impression Neo 2 would be the best choice for me.

It is very easy to activate as a keyboard layout. Unfortunately it is stuck in mode 4 when I start it. And I didn't find any way to get to any other mode. Is this a known problem in Debain? There are some guides that are meant to help with the opposite problem on the Neo 2 wiki since on older versions mode 4 wasn't available. But so far I didn't find any solution to the issue I encountered.

Because I can't switch to mode 1 I can't start the training lessons with KTouch ...
Last edited by Onsemeliot on 2018-12-23 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

Onsemeliot

Re: Neo 2 keyboard layout stuck in mode 4

#2 Post by Onsemeliot »

Sorry, I just found a way for geting out of mode 4: pressing both mode 4 buttons at once did the trick. Now I can start learning Neo 2.