Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Amarok

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
debiandonder

Amarok

#1 Post by debiandonder »

I was using Amarok to rip music cd's to my pc.

Everything went well until I wanted to rip a cd with many music tracks on it and a music video.

Amarok gets stuck on trying to import the music player and don't finish the job. Some CPU cores at 100%.

This is in Debian 9 Stable 64 bit.

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Amarok

#2 Post by CwF »

This has been an issue for years with many rippers.
Manually select the tracks to extract and not the whole disk, then it won't hang because you didn't ask it to extract that last data file.

debiandonder

#3 Post by debiandonder »

When I open the cd and look inside, I can only see the video and no audio tracks.

I didn't have these issues while using Ubuntu 14.04 based Zorin OS, with a Gnome environment and Rhythmbox.

I seems to work better, but it's not as pretty as KDE.

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

Audio CD's don't have audio files as such that you can see on your computer...Rhythmbox is in the standard Stretch repository, why don't you try it on Debian?
MX Linux packager and developer

debiandonder

#5 Post by debiandonder »

I tried Rhythmbox and it didn't do anything. I didn't play or see the music cd.

Anyway, I am using Amarok now and if I insert a music cd into the optical drive, a window pops up giving me the choice to play it with dragon player. I just ignore that and Amarok shows the cd and I can ad it to my collection.

I love the KDE environment and will decide to switch to Gnome or not, in June or July when Debian 10 is released.

Everything is finely set up well and nothing is 100% anyway. I have outgrown my first Ubuntu based system anyway and won't go back. Maybe I will even try Arch one day. :shock:

piper

#6 Post by piper »

Amarok (I was a fan) was great in it's time (R.I.P.), most likely won't be in debian 10 (QT4 still), I have since switched to strawberry

debiandonder

#7 Post by debiandonder »

Agh no, is Debian 10 only being released in the last quarter of this year?