Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Fullscreen games have edge-of-screen scrolling effects

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Geklmin

Fullscreen games have edge-of-screen scrolling effects

#1 Post by Geklmin »

When I'm running darkplaces at 640x480 (My preferred resolution for Darkplaces) I have a problem (Note that it is not the only program that has this problem, most of my steam library suffers the same issue)

Whenever I move the mouse cursor near the edge of the screen, it scrolls off and reveals my desktop, as if moving my cursor caused the screen to shift.

Is there a way to disable this effect, and perhaps lock the cursor within the 640x480 region?
I tried to look up this issue but I've only found people who have issues with WINE,

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fullscreen games have edge-of-screen scrolling effects

#2 Post by sunrat »

Geklmin wrote:When I'm running darkplaces at 640x480 (My preferred resolution for Darkplaces) I have a problem (Note that it is not the only program that has this problem, most of my steam library suffers the same issue)

Whenever I move the mouse cursor near the edge of the screen, it scrolls off and reveals my desktop, as if moving my cursor caused the screen to shift.

Is there a way to disable this effect, and perhaps lock the cursor within the 640x480 region?
I tried to look up this issue but I've only found people who have issues with WINE,
You can most likely disable that. Without knowing what desktop environment or window manager you are using makes it impossible to say how. It's probably some setting like "switch virtual desktop with mouse cursor".
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

Geklmin

Re: Fullscreen games have edge-of-screen scrolling effects

#3 Post by Geklmin »

I am using LXDE and GDM3

I can also use WindowMaker

I could use GNOME but I don't particularly like it