Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Proxychains and apt-get command.

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
hack3rcon

Proxychains and apt-get command.

#1 Post by hack3rcon »

Hello.
I'm using Debian 8.11 x86_64 and configured proxychains to use Tor SOCKS5 proxy. I want to forward "apt-get update" command via proxychains, but it show me below error:

Code: Select all

$ proxychains sudo apt-get update
ProxyChains-3.1 (http://proxychains.sf.net)
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libproxychains.so.3' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
How can I solve it?

Thank you.

kopper

Re: Proxychains and apt-get command.

#2 Post by kopper »

How did you install proxychains?

Your error might indicate that variable LD_PRELOAD doesn't include correct path to libproxychains.so.3, so you might need to locate it and export the variable. This would have been very easy for you to find out with a little searching.

I installed proxychains with apt on Stretch, the file was located in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu. So:

Code: Select all

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproxychains.so.3
proxychains <stuff>
On another note, why use Tor proxy for updating your repository list / upgrading your system? Bandwidth is terrible at best, and system upgrade isn't sensitive information in any sense. Unless you're unable to access repositories without proxy, what's the point?

EDIT: The first search result actually had identical command in problem statement that you were trying to run (proxychains apt-get update). Did you even try to look for the solution yourself?
Debian 12 Stable with sway
Secure your stuff: Securing Debian Manual
Don't break your stuff: Source List Management DontBreakDebian