Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Install VirtualBox 6.0 on Debian 10.

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
giaur

Re: Install VirtualBox 6.0 on Debian 10.

#21 Post by giaur »

my transfer to the new system of Windows 7 on a conversion into a qcow generated error messages from Windows that I had changed machines, not authorized.
Because you exactly did that - change machine.
I had problems getting my Windows 7 set up in qemu in my stretch testing new computer, spice problems
You need spice drivers for Windows to work properly. They are poor though and often causes screen of death on Windows. The best you can do is to connect to guest via rdp. Anyway, Windows guests support is poor on qemu

piperdan

#22 Post by piperdan »

stevepusser wrote:
hack3rcon wrote:Thank you, but I installed VirtualBox by ".run" . I'm not a fan of SUSE. I guess you are a "MX Linux" developer?
They are Debian 10 packages, openSUSE just kindly provides a free platform in the cloud that builds and hosts the packages in a DEBIAN 10 repository for free. At least you could have checked out my link before rejecting the superior (IMHO) Debian packages out of hand--they are backported directly from upstream Debian. Eventually the exact same packages should appear in buster-backports, just like virtualbox was kept updated in stretch-backports for years.

So you can wait and hope for that, or use my packages. No big deal, I think other users will take advantage of them, though I will take the repo down when and if backports adds them.

Thanks stevepusser!

I just followed your link, and installation of VB version 6.0.10_Debian r132055 seemed to be just fine.

Downloaded a copy of the MX18.3 iso and tried it out. No joy. The board is not allowing me to attach a picture, but the messages are:

"Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MXLinux18.3"
Under details:

"The virtual machine 'MXLinux18.3' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).

Result Code:
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component:
MachineWrap
Interface:
IMachine {5047460a-265d-4538-b23e-ddba5fb84976}"

Hmmmmm

P.S.
I did check the integrity of the downloaded iso.

piperdan

#23 Post by piperdan »

Reinstalled VirtualBox using the procedure first referenced in this thread per the web site https://tecadmin.net/install-virtualbox ... 10-buster/

It installed and ran the downloaded MX18.3 just fine.