Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby djk44883 » 2019-08-03 02:22

3 /15 post have anything to do with Cinnamon much less bullseye and/or debian. Given the play-baby pointless tone, it would seem an ms windows environment better suit you.
djk44883
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 2010-12-11 13:14

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby sunrat » 2019-08-03 04:14

djk44883 wrote:3 /15 post have anything to do with Cinnamon much less bullseye and/or debian. Given the play-baby pointless tone, it would seem an ms windows environment better suit you.


Seems to me you are complaining about something and then doing exactly what you are complaining about.
Better to just ignore the trolls. :wink: :mrgreen:
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
User avatar
sunrat
 
Posts: 2750
Joined: 2006-08-29 09:12
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby teabian » 2019-08-04 03:59

giaur wrote:Instead of useless comments, you could provide solution: https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/issues/8495


+1

I used to used LMDE3 and it had the same bug. Part of the reason I switched to Debian Testing with Cinnamon is because Mint didn't fix it. This link does have a fix for it. A simple edit to a file. Perhaps the Debian Cinnamon Developers could link to this fix???

PS... Stop being a bunch of squabbling jerks, people like you are the reason many people don't use Linux. They don't like being treated like crap by a bunch of childish people.
teabian
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 2019-08-04 03:47

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby giaur » 2019-08-04 20:53

Unlike some orhers, I posted solution. In response, I got "answer" saying, that solution is wrong and we should wait.

Btw. Very easy to find solution. Enough to copy - paste console error message to Google. Fix is included in Cinnamon 4.2 and latest Mint released just moment ago. For Debian, I have already said everything I think about it, I would not expect any Cinnamon update anytime soon, hopefully Cinnamon is easy to compile.

Also, has anobyody posted bug report to Debian?
giaur
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 2013-03-08 07:03

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby teabian » 2019-08-05 15:06

giaur wrote:
Also, has anobyody posted bug report to Debian?


That’s a good question, has anyone posted the bug?
teabian
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 2019-08-04 03:47

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby giaur » 2019-08-06 08:11

Cinnamon 4.2.3 no problems Debian Sid:

Image

Image

(weird: cinnamon-settings ran from console has missing Cinnamon version, from menu, version is there)
giaur
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 2013-03-08 07:03

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby djk44883 » 2019-08-06 21:39

giaur wrote:Cinnamon 4.2.3 no problems Debian Sid:

(weird: cinnamon-settings ran from console has missing Cinnamon version, from menu, version is there)


That's not really "no problems" ...your screen shots had nothing/little to do whit cinnamon beyond basic system information. Installing, displaying version - isn't the same as running fully supported issue free... well, for most users.
djk44883
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 2010-12-11 13:14

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby giaur » 2019-08-07 04:23

I think you are wrong. What do you mean by "supported version"? Codes are compiled from official Mint team's sources, they are fully supported. That's official Cinnamon release. Ok, Debian does not want to compile latest sources and put debs to repo, but saying I am running "unsupported" stuff is just wrong. I am running fully supported Cinnamon version, compiled from official sources. I can post bug report to Cinnamon team, because I am running unmodified Cinnamon version, so why are you saying it's not supported?
giaur
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 2013-03-08 07:03

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby djk44883 » 2019-08-07 22:03

giaur wrote:I think you are wrong. What do you mean by "supported version"? Codes are compiled from official Mint team's sources, they are fully supported. That's official Cinnamon release. Ok, Debian does not want to compile latest sources and put debs to repo, but saying I am running "unsupported" stuff is just wrong. I am running fully supported Cinnamon version, compiled from official sources. I can post bug report to Cinnamon team, because I am running unmodified Cinnamon version, so why are you saying it's not supported?


Your own previous post

giaur wrote:It's pretty easy to compile. I'm on 4.2.1, compiled from source, you can find debs on forum. Official Debian support does not exist, or I am blind. I think Cinnamon will be eventually removed from repos, as it's not functional anymore and there is no support


This is kind of a debian user forum, not cinnamon team... so from the perspective of debian users, like you said - does not exist. Repos are for end-users, compiling source isn't.
djk44883
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 2010-12-11 13:14

Re: Debian bullseye and cinnamon

Postby giaur » 2019-08-08 04:53

Bunch of good software is not in Debian repos, that does not mean we should drop Debian and go to other distro. If you can't compile by yourself, you can install debs compiled by someone else od use 3rd party repo if exists. "No problems" I mean sources are ready to compile and package on Debian, which is not always obvious, especially for so complex software as desktop environments
giaur
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 2013-03-08 07:03

Previous

Return to Desktop & Multimedia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

fashionable