Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

KDE shutdown and reboot background change?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
stark

KDE shutdown and reboot background change?

#1 Post by stark »

Hi, Im having a problem changing the KDE shutdown, reboot and login background flash, I cannot find the background anywhere on the system to replace it and Im not sure how to proceed.

Debian 10

PLasma 5

Appreciate any help

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: KDE shutdown and reboot background change?

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

I think the background is part of the theme.

My search engine suggests https://askubuntu.com/questions/871031/ ... e-plasma-5 and the ArchWiki says https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SD ... e_settings
deadbang

stark

#3 Post by stark »

I tried both those methods and they dont change the reboot, shutdown or login screen, the only thing that I can change is the resume from standby background.

stevepusser

#4 Post by stevepusser »

Let's define some terms as commonly used, first:

The boot menu is generally GRUB.

You can optionally have an animated boot process screen, Plymouth.

The login screen is provided by a desktop manager program, and there are several. I think KDE generally uses sdm.

After that, the KDE startup is provided by the KDE splash, and that can be changed, plus new ones downloaded, in the KDE settings manager.

So you need to tell us exactly what screens you're talking about, plus which options you're using if there's choices, such as sdm.
MX Linux packager and developer

stark

#5 Post by stark »

Thanks for the replies, Grub I am able to modify the images and boot logo
Suspend through KDE i am able to change the background splash
INside plymouth I am able to change the boot and shutdown logo however as the system is shutting down, I see the old boot logo for 1 second and when the system first boots up the original background login appears.

SDDM doesnt change it and I have been through the whole root folder and cannot seem to locate the background image, it looks like blue triangles.

I tried taking an image but cannot get fuse to install and as the image only shows at shutdown/reboot and login I cant take a screen shot.

Its something like this going on

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=154087

he lists number 5 as the problem, thats what I have

stark

#6 Post by stark »

I figured it out, somehow MATE was still running under KDE?, I eventually found the wallpaper under the etc directory.