Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

notify-send shows black popup <Solved>

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
peer

notify-send shows black popup <Solved>

#1 Post by peer »

yesterday I installed libnotify-bin and notify-osd. At first it did not work. I had to change the path of notify-osd in the file /etx/xdg/autostart/notify-osd.desktop to /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/notify-osd. After a reboot it works.

But when I type "notify-send "hello" "in the terminal a complete black popup (no visible text) is displayed in the right upper corner. After a while the popup disappears.
How can I make the text visible??
Last edited by peer on 2019-09-10 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

phenest

Re: notify-send shows black popup

#2 Post by phenest »

peer wrote:I had to change the path of notify-osd in the file /etx/xdg/autostart/notify-osd.desktop to /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/notify-osd.
Why? I haven't got notify-osd in my autostart. And I wouldn't think that it would need an autostart entry either.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

peer

#3 Post by peer »

notificaton-osc must be running otherwise notification-send does not work at all.

the question is: how to change the colors in the popup so that the text will be visible.

peer

#4 Post by peer »

problem solved.
I removed notify-osd because it is not needed. In Debian is notification-daemon installed. In /etc/edg/autostart/.
On my eeepc I found in this directory the file notification-daemon.desktop. I copied this file to the laptop and after a reboot notify-send works perfect.