Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Sunpinyin strange behaviour, missing characters?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
debbiethekiwi

[SOLVED] Sunpinyin strange behaviour, missing characters?

#1 Post by debbiethekiwi »

I am using Sunpinyin with fcitx for Chinese input. Why not the recommended Google-pinyin? Because Sunpinyin behaviour is closer the MacOS pinyin input method I'm used to, and it learns my vocabulary, which Google-pinyin seems not to. I have Linux Mint 19.2 Mate with Sunpinyin working well, the following components are installed via Synaptic:
fcitx-sunpinyin 0.4.2-1
libsunpinyin3v5 3.0.0-git20160910-1
sunpinyin-data 0.1.22+20170109-1

I also have a Debian 10.1.0 net-install with a manual install of Mate desktop and the following Sunpinyin components were given to me by Synaptic:
fcitx-sunpinyin 0.4.22-2
libsunpinyin3v5 3.0.0-rc1+ds1-2
sunpinyin-data 0.1.22+20170109-2

With identical settings in the fcitx config panel: Use Shuangpin; ZIRANMA; Fuzzy Segmentation; Number of Sentence...1; Number of Best Tail...1; Memory Strength 3;
the Debian version will break the pinyin dian [diàn 电] into di-an and present character pairs. If I turn off Fuzzy Segmentation it will offer single characters but it seems to be missing the character 电. This is a common character, meaning electric. I looked at the https://github.com/sunpinyin Sunpinyin page on github, and there is a separate version for Debian, but, who looks after it? The Debian package maintrainers, or the Sunpinyin folks?
Last edited by debbiethekiwi on 2019-10-02 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Solar powered - saving carbon

debbiethekiwi

Re: Sunpinyin strange behaviour, missing characters?

#2 Post by debbiethekiwi »

Fat finger? or not? The behaviour is exactly as it should be if the fcitx add-on "Translate into Traditional Chinese" is switched on. This function toggles on, and off, with Ctrl+Shift+F, which is a combination that I never use in any other application, and I don't see how I could have accidentally done it since I've mapped the left Ctrl to Alt & Alt to Win. A fresh install of fcitx and Sunpinyin on another system on this machine, Debian 10.1.0 netinstall + Plasma desktop, and the default OTB behaviour was the same...
Solar powered - saving carbon