I backported the new GIMP 2.10.14 for Buster

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

I backported the new GIMP 2.10.14 for Buster

Postby stevepusser » 2019-11-14 20:33

From the sources in Sid: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NJLlI ... zdWVVQBzjK

Yes, I am aware that it also is available in flatpak, snap, or other formats, but I consider those hugely bloated compared to native binary builds like this one.

You can add the repo and its key to your sources by clicking the "download package" link, then carefully reading and following the directions.

I was also able build it for 32-bit Stretch-based MX 18, but it needed a lot of extra backports that I would have to add to the OBS repo, such as ffmpeg 4.X, which I already had ready to go on MX. The Stretch 64-bit build also fails, apparently due to a bug in the linking part of the Makefile, and I don't know enough to debug it. It still failed when I tried building with my backported gcc-8, too. The GIMP developers would probably just point to the flatpaks for Stretch users, anyway.
The MX Linux repositories: Backports galore! If we don't have something, just ask and we'll try--we like challenges. New packages: Clipgrab 3.8.6, Hedgewars 1.0.0, PulseEffects 4.6.9, Telegram-desktop 1.8.15, Pale Moon 28.8.0, KeepassXC 2.5.1
stevepusser

Return to Desktop & Multimedia