Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

X Forwarding

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
GogoAkira

X Forwarding

#1 Post by GogoAkira »

Well, now my X forwarding works fine with smplayer mplayer, chrome is just white, but that's fine.

My question is, many years and dist upgrades ago I tried forwarding mplayer video file and it didn't quite do it right, it just filled the terminal with characters, but when I moved away from the computer I saw the text actually was the rendered movie playing inside the terminal with characters like a mosaic. It was pretty awesome and I wanna do it again. I do remember other apps worked fine, like word processor, but not mplayer. How is that possible

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: X Forwarding

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang

GogoAkira

Re: X Forwarding

#3 Post by GogoAkira »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

Code: Select all

mplayer -vo caca movie.avi
ooooooooooooooooooooO this is one of the coolest things ever :), made me get out of bed when I saw someone replied, Thanks head on a stick, you even helped me many years ago :) , stay in /dev/chair :)
Gonna go read the article now :)