Xfce needs gvfs-backends to read phone memory

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

Xfce needs gvfs-backends to read phone memory

Postby Teodoro777 » 2020-06-12 00:26

I installed Debian 10 xfce on my computer, and immediately I noticed that if I connected my Android phone nothing appeared in thunar, while gnome notified me that I had inserted a device. so I was unable to open the files in the internal memory of my phone. looking on the internet, I solved it by installing the gvfs-backends package. Now I wonder, shouldn't this package be installed by default? I repeat, in other de that I have tried, there was no need to search and install any other package, that the memory was read correctly.
Teodoro777

Re: Xfce needs gvfs-backends to read phone memory

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-06-12 08:27

The gvfs-backends package is only listed as a suggests for the gvfs package so that's why it wasn't included.

No point whining about that here though, no Debian developers visit here (AFAIK). If you want the situation to change then either file a bug report or bring it up on the mailing lists.
Black Lives Matter

Debian buster-backports ISO image: for new hardware support
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Xfce needs gvfs-backends to read phone memory

Postby Teodoro777 » 2020-06-12 08:29

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:The gvfs-backends package is only listed as a suggests for the gvfs package so that's why it wasn't included.

No point whining about that here though, no Debian developers visit here (AFAIK). If you want the situation to change then either file a bug report or bring it up on the mailing lists.

Okk I understand.. thanks for your reply
Teodoro777

Return to Desktop & Multimedia