Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Open an .acsm file

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Deblib

Open an .acsm file

#1 Post by Deblib »

Hi! I tried to open an .acsm file in Debian by installing from Winetricks Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 but this program only reads .pdf and .epub in my Debian. Is there any solution to read it in our operating system?

cuckooflew

Re: Open an .acsm file

#2 Post by cuckooflew »

Never heard of it, so let's try some search foo.
O no , this:
If you're talking about files for the Adobe Digital Editions e-book reader, then no, there's no native Linux application that can use these. But the ...
Does not sound good, Let me see though : https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2422389

https://www.ionos.com/digitalguide/onli ... csm-files/
Creating an Adobe ID to handle ACSM files

You can set up an Adobe ID to convert ACSMs (or use Adobe applications in general) via the official Adobe website at any time, free of charge. Simply go to the website using any browser and click “Sign In” in the top right-hand corner of the website:
Since all of this is very "closed source", and commercial, Adobe is NOT going to make it easy,.....and it may be expensive, all though they claim it is free, I would not trust them my self though.
Do some of your own searches, apparently there are other methods, but can not be posted here , because it is probably not legal. Bye
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

cuckooflew

Re: Open an .acsm file

#3 Post by cuckooflew »

Another bug report, all though it is not the same problem you have, the comment from the maintainer is interesting :
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=932582
Please remember anbox is still in alpha stage. This problem may be
related to hardware/driver/desktop, so I don't how can I help you.
Maybe you can try snap version, then if it works, we can figure it out
what's wrong in the debian version.
P.S. the snap version has a software emulation mode, which is not
available in debian version, but it would help if you hardware is
doing something weird.
Shengjing Zhu
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!