Weird Nautilus issues

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

Weird Nautilus issues

Postby Totoxa » 2020-07-14 15:28

Hi,

In the last days I've noticed some weird issues with nautilus, the first time I noticed them was because I inserted an SD card from a camera, I knew the card had a lot of photos but Nautilus showed that the folder was empty. All the files started to be shown after I ejected an USB external drive.

Yesterday I inserted the same SD card and moved some images to an external USB drive, then I opened one of the images that I didn't move and used the arrow keys to navigate, it (eye of gnome) displayed images that Nautilus didn't list, they were not hidden. See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wZh9p1KcKz0krr_X1X-c3Mq78jctEJm2/view?usp=sharing.
After that, I ejected the USB drive and some additional files, the ones that eye of gnome displayed, were shown by Nautilus in the SD card.

The dmesg and journal doesn't show any related messages.

I'm running debian testing with gnome.

What could be the issue?
Totoxa

Re: Weird Nautilus issues

Postby LE_746F6D617A7A69 » 2020-07-14 17:03

Totoxa wrote:What could be the issue?

Debian testing maybe?
... or damaged filesystem on that SD card -> use fsck in dry run mode to verify this possibility.
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed
LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: Weird Nautilus issues

Postby Totoxa » 2020-07-15 03:39

fsck shows something about the boot sector and its backup, I don't think there is any issue with the FS on the card. As I wrote before, both times the problem were gone after ejecting the external usb drive. I also tried running sync when the issue happened but it didn't change anything.

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:
Totoxa wrote:What could be the issue?

Debian testing maybe?
... or damaged filesystem on that SD card -> use fsck in dry run mode to verify this possibility.
Totoxa

Return to Desktop & Multimedia