[solved] Adminer missing extension error

Everything about X, Gnome, KDE, ... and everything running on it

[solved] Adminer missing extension error

Postby Onsemeliot » 2020-07-15 10:48

Since phpMyAdmin isn't included in Buster I instead just instaled Adminer in order to work with MySQL data bases. Because I couldn't find the "/var/www/html/adminer.php" or access the Adminer web interface by using "localhost/adminer.php" after the installation routine was done (and I also didn't find any manual or info file) I followed a guide at howtoforge.com to download the most recent version 4.7.7 of the "adminer.php" file.

With it I am instantly able to login but greeted with the following error message:
No extension
None of the supported PHP extensions (MySQLi, MySQL, PDO_MySQL) are available.

The Adminer community recommends to use version 5.6.3 to fix this problem. But the download does not only contain a newer "adminer.php" file but a lot of files and folders even including a Debian binary. Therefore, I am confused now. I suspect it wouldn't be a good idea to pull in stuff, that isn't known by apt-get. But the Debian version doesn't seem to work.

Is there an other way to re-enable the needed extensions without switching to a newer version of Adminer? Every guide I find seems to assume the installation deals with enabling the needed extensions by default. I can't believe that the Debian community did include a version that doesn't work ... Should I purge and re-install MariaDB?
Last edited by Onsemeliot on 2020-07-15 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Onsemeliot

Re: Adminer missing extension error

Postby Onsemeliot » 2020-07-15 11:53

Thank you for the link.

Neverteless, I would like to stick to Debian stable in order to get updates for all installed packages without the need to hunt them down in time. I don't mind using Adminer – if I can get it working properly.
Onsemeliot

Postby kedaha » 2020-07-15 11:55

Hi,
By the way, you may not have noticed that phpmyadmin is available from backports:
Code: Select all
$ rmadison phpmyadmin |grep buster-backports
phpmyadmin | 4:4.9.5+dfsg1-2~bpo10+1 | buster-backports           | source, all
"Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member".—Groucho Marx
kedaha

Postby Onsemeliot » 2020-07-15 12:06

Thanks for the pointer. I have enabled the backports but I get the following if I want to install phpMyAdmin:
# apt install phpmyadmin
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 phpmyadmin : Depends: php-twig (>= 2.9) but 2.6.2-2 is to be installed
              Recommends: php-bz2
              Recommends: php-zip
              Recommends: php-tcpdf but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Onsemeliot

Postby Onsemeliot » 2020-07-15 12:37

Odd. Purging and re-installing Adminer did obviously help.
Onsemeliot

Re: [solved] Adminer missing extension error

Postby kedaha » 2020-07-15 13:03

How about:
 # aptitude -t buster-backports install phpmyadmin

?
"Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member".—Groucho Marx
kedaha

Postby Onsemeliot » 2020-07-18 06:37

Thank you. Obviously I haven't even aptitude installed on my system. But since it works well so far with Adminer I am fine for the moment.
Onsemeliot

Postby kedaha » 2020-07-18 15:59

Am going to use Adminer myself. It seems lighter than phpmyadmin but it's easy enough to do a lot of the stuff these GUIs do via the command line.
kedaha

Return to Desktop & Multimedia