Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED} update borked "suspend" settings - system unusable.

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Jethro_UK

[SOLVED} update borked "suspend" settings - system unusable.

#1 Post by Jethro_UK »

After yesterdays update to Linux 4.19.0-10-amd64 on x86_64 via the repositorys my system has become unusable.

Whatever has been fixed has broken the "Do not suspend" instructions and I cannot seem to disable suspend.

I have tried:

Code: Select all

dconf write /org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/power:sleep-inactive-ac-type "nothing"
and

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 0
which are seemingly being both being honoured. But 20 minutes later ... winking blue power light and the system is suspending.

Running GNOME on a headless system if that is of any use to anyone.

Don't suggest I use the GUI "Tweaks" as mine is missing a truck load of settings for reasons no one has ever explained.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Last update has borked "suspend" settings - system unusa

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Jethro_UK wrote:I have tried:

dconf write /org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/power:sleep-inactive-ac-type "nothing"
and

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 0
How about

gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power sleep-inactive-ac-timeout 0
Jethro_UK wrote:Running GNOME on a headless system
Erm, what? How does that make any sense? :?
Jethro_UK wrote:Don't suggest I use the GUI "Tweaks" as mine is missing a truck load of settings for reasons no one has ever explained.
The GNOME developers don't want you ruining their beautiful UI. Try dconf-editor instead.
deadbang