Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

strange problem with firefox 1.04

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
ccwoods

strange problem with firefox 1.04

#1 Post by ccwoods »

i'm using debian sarge 3.1 and got firefox through apt-get together with concerning packages flshplugin-nonfree as well as mozilla-firefox-locale-zh-cn. I don't know whether they conflict each other. Now my problem is that if I right click a link and choose "save link as ...", it does download the file; but if i left click the link, a blank page will (or won't) appear and the file cannot be downloaded. Now I can't get my file in yahoo's mailbox. What can I do?

grautu

Re: strange problem with firefox 1.04

#2 Post by grautu »

ccwoods wrote:i'm using debian sarge 3.1 and got firefox through apt-get together with concerning packages flshplugin-nonfree as well as mozilla-firefox-locale-zh-cn. I don't know whether they conflict each other. Now my problem is that if I right click a link and choose "save link as ...", it does download the file; but if i left click the link, a blank page will (or won't) appear and the file cannot be downloaded. Now I can't get my file in yahoo's mailbox. What can I do?
Exactly the same problem on my PC but I didn't install any locale therefore that's not the point. So we should suspect the existence of other reasons.

grautu

Re: strange problem with firefox 1.04

#3 Post by grautu »

grautu wrote:
ccwoods wrote:i'm using debian sarge 3.1 and got firefox through apt-get together with concerning packages flshplugin-nonfree as well as mozilla-firefox-locale-zh-cn. I don't know whether they conflict each other. Now my problem is that if I right click a link and choose "save link as ...", it does download the file; but if i left click the link, a blank page will (or won't) appear and the file cannot be downloaded. Now I can't get my file in yahoo's mailbox. What can I do?
Exactly the same problem on my PC but I didn't install any locale therefore that's not the point. So we should suspect the existence of other reasons.
... and (I just now remember) the same download shortcomming occurs not only in Firefox but also in Konquerror. So the reasons we should suspect concern a larger context.