Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to Split 4K screen into 3 vertical spaces ?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Regev

How to Split 4K screen into 3 vertical spaces ?

#1 Post by Regev »

Im using Debian Buster, connected to a 4K 70" TV. I thought I'd use a tiling window manager to manage windows (formerly i was going to buy multiple FHD monitors, but decided to go for a 4K instead) - however I found tiling window managers / extensions really difficult, and always reverted back.

Is there any easy way to split the 3840x2160 4K TV into 3 vertical spaces (each 1280 width) ?
The default behavior in Debian is I drag a window to the side of the screen and it fills half of the screen. If I could have the same behavior, only for 3 screens - for example I drag a window to the upper part of the screen and it fills that vertical part (of the now 3 parts), that would be awesome.

Any way to achieve that?
I'm only using what's on the official repository, btw.

Thanks!

Regev

Re: How to Split 4K screen into 3 vertical spaces ?

#2 Post by Regev »

Anybody? :)

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to Split 4K screen into 3 vertical spaces ?

#3 Post by CwF »

If you are using X you could divide up into 4 xservers. One is the background overall sized with input, the 3 each your third sized windowed, nested sessions. This would need some form of Xdmx, Xephyr, xnest, or whatever nested X in a window magic I don't know about...?