Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Xfce Software Updater Status

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
supusr

[Solved] Xfce Software Updater Status

#1 Post by supusr »

I am using testing with Xfce, with firefox and thunderbird pinned from unstable. Until recently the package updater would automatically load into the panel upon the first reboot, and would display a changed icon when there were updates or upgrades. Now (after Xfce 4.16?), it is still a component of the distro, but doesn't load into the panel automatically. If I add its launcher it really isn't functional nor does it display differently when there are updates. I'm wondering if anyone knows why. Thanks, in advance.
Last edited by supusr on 2021-02-20 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

supusr

Re: Xfce Software Updater Status

#2 Post by supusr »

supusr wrote:I am using testing with Xfce, with firefox and thunderbird pinned from unstable. Until recently the package updater would automatically load into the panel upon the first reboot, and would display a changed icon when there were updates or upgrades. Now (after Xfce 4.16?), it is still a component of the distro, but doesn't load into the panel automatically. If I add its launcher it really isn't functional nor does it display differently when there are updates. I'm wondering if anyone knows why. Thanks, in advance.
I am pleased to report that this problem has resolved itself after some updates today. All is now working, though it took a week or so -- I should have been more patient before posting this topic.