Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Webcam drivers

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
hstoellinger

Webcam drivers

#1 Post by hstoellinger »

Hello,
I have a Generalplus Technology Inc.HD 1080P WebCam. Its camera works o.k. on Debian 10.8, but its built-in microphone is not recognized. It does work when connected to another system. I wonder whether this has to do with a non-correct driver. Any ideas anywhere?
Regards
H. Stoellinger

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Webcam drivers

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

More likely due to missing non-free firmware. The Debian wiki has a page dedicated to this, check it out.
deadbang

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Or maybe a quirk that's been fixed in a kernel more recent than the more-than-two-years-old Buster 4.19 kernel.

Trying a newer kernel just involves installing it from buster-backports and booting to it, barring any problems with stuff like Nvidia drivers.
MX Linux packager and developer

hstoellinger

#4 Post by hstoellinger »

Hello,
Thanks for your hints! I installed linux-image-5.10.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 from buster-backports (+ updated lots of stuff through
sudo apt -t buster-backports upgrade. This fixed my problems.
Regards
H. Stoellinger :D