Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

autorun

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
zauber

autorun

#1 Post by zauber »

I would like to create a file in the kde autorun , inorder it run certain programs on start up.
but i dont want to just drag the program there , I think perhaps a some thing with links to the selected app's (is this possable? if so a directional tip would be much appriciated) or perhaps a small script .

thanks zauber.

lacek

#2 Post by lacek »

If you use KDE, you have a directory called ~/.kde/Autostart. You can put scripts, programs and symlinks in it, these will be launched upon startup.

#3 Post by Guest »

Yea sorry i did not use the correct word autorun as oppossed to autostart,

so if i put a symlink to a app in the kde autostart this will work ! ok so if i leave my desktop pager running at shut down or some other app , it will start up on the next boot ok so where is this information stored ?

I hope this is clear

zauber

lacek

#4 Post by lacek »

Session information is stored in the ~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc file, but I think you don't want to edit it by hand... :-)

If you want to disable such session savings, go to the Control Center, and select KDE components->session manager. In the "On login" box, you can select what session you want to restore on login. I personally prefer "manually saved session", then I set up everything, and select the "save session" command from the menu.

zauber

#5 Post by zauber »

Thanks !

that's just what i needed !

zauber