Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Database Designer

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
MarkvD

Database Designer

#1 Post by MarkvD »

Hello everyone,

As I'm working on a new PHP application I'm in need of really good DB-designing tool, something like DIA.
I find DIA it self a little poor when it comes to drawing tables and displaying the tables information.
When I googled for a better application I got a lot of hits and to be honest I'm too lazy to try them all. So my question is. which aplication do you use and why?

Thx in advance

Mark

startx

#2 Post by startx »

I'm in need of really good DB-designing tool
you just want to visulize the design, not designing the database itself (as win tools like DeZign do it), is that what you mean?

however: have a look at this
http://www.marcelgagne.com/node/166

for database design tools (for designing the database itself)

for visulisation i have to say that dia is actually the best program i came across, but there might be better progs somewhere.
debian squeeze for everyday life, many other versions for the rest

MarkvD

#3 Post by MarkvD »

Thanks for the link.

I'm sorry that I wasn't quite clear on this but was looking for a tool to visualize the layout of a database.
In the mean while I looked for such a tool but I'm comming back to Dia everytime again.
So I stoped searching and I'm working with Dia now.

Greetings,

Mark