Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Upgrading KDE 3.3 to 3.4?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.

Upgrading KDE 3.3 to 3.4?

#1 Post by Guest »

How would I go about doing this?

I attempted to add kde.alioth.net into my sources.list, but that didnt work.

Harold

#2 Post by Harold »

If you really want it that bad, KDE 3.4 is in unstable. I suggest that you wait until it moves into testing.

RaLX

#3 Post by RaLX »

Hmm, maybe in couple of weeks or months.... Kubuntu have it stable just now like almost all distros. That's the only real reason that keeps Debian still away from some desktops.

Life is cruel.

#4 Post by Guest »

I already had 3.4 and it works WELL!! FAST!!

Just had to reinstall due to HD problems, and network install seems stuck on 3.3 which is a bit slower.

:?:

#5 Post by Guest »

I'm using it, also with X.org 6.8.2 and works perfectly, you just have to remember that devices:/ changed to media:/ and correct the tab in konqueror.

Also, a lot of programs will be gone, such as kbandwidth, kplayer and other goodies that haven't been ported to unstable.

All in all, I got superkaramba with kroller and amarok 1.3, my main reason to look for kde 3.4 series