Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

font problem with x applications

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
eaglebauer

font problem with x applications

#1 Post by eaglebauer »

Hi there,

i've been running Debian/Sarge for half a year now and never hab problems. In recent time (I think since I installed bit-tornado) I have a font in applications like emacs (same in xemacs, but there at least the toolbar seems to be ok) that is really ugly and not easy to read. This font also appeares in other applications as gnuplot plots. I assume that this is a x-server problem, but I'm not sure.
Where can I configure the fonts emacs or gnuplot uses?

Thanks a lot
eaglebauer

sprucio

.Xresources

#2 Post by sprucio »

Do a google search on .Xresources. You can control the emacs font from there.

As to why your font changed, that's a bit more difficult to answer.

eaglebauer

courious

#3 Post by eaglebauer »

Hmm, thanks.

Couriously I can't find (using locate with up to date db) any .Xresources or .Xdefault files.
I tried to configure xemacs temporarily with another font, normally one can choose between 12 fonts. Only one font works (clean) the others look all the same. And if I change the font size (I need a bigger font size), they don't scale too good.

What font is used in the gnuplot plot window, and where can I find a configuration file for it?

eaglebauer

sorry

#4 Post by eaglebauer »

Sorry, I was too fast.

I found the file (.Xresources), and changed one line. xemacs couldn't handle the * wildcard for the fontname or something like that.
Thanks!