Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

NAWM and other stuff

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
cyborg_o

NAWM and other stuff

#1 Post by cyborg_o »

I'm curious about Not A Window Manager. Does anybody run it? If so is it possible run everything from it and do away with a window manager?

Is anybody a minimalist to the degree where they do not run a window manager at all? And if so how do you do it?

Are there any good resources for the minimaliist in training?

I run LWM and love it. But I'd rather not have the gui stuff when I don't need. Honestly I really love the look of the console. I think that is what I call crtl-alt-F1. I would prefer to play on that.

I love the ancient looking fonts. The big blocky ones, but I don't know the names of any. What are some of the names of the really old school ones, and where can I find them?

Ok. These next two are a couple one word answer questions.

What's a good command line email system?

What's a good way to run music from the command line? (Maybe this one isn't one word)

Thank you
O