Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Out of range error

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
Szektaas

Out of range error

#1 Post by Szektaas »

Hi All!

I have just installed a debian 3.1 Sarge operating system. During the installation i was asked whether i had a crt or an lcd monitor. I choosed the 2nd one since i have that. There was not any option showed to set up my monitor to 1280x1024@75 so i choosed something 1152x862 on 75Hz because this is the largest resolution on 75Hz. But finishing the installation my monitor shows up an Out of range error.
Could somebody tell me how to change the frequency in recovery mode. I have also installed Ltools to get the chance r/w on linux partitions under win.

I am looking forward your answers
Gabor Kovacs aka Szektaas

jobezone

Re: Out of range error

#2 Post by jobezone »

Szektaas wrote:Hi All!

I have just installed a debian 3.1 Sarge operating system. During the installation i was asked whether i had a crt or an lcd monitor. I choosed the 2nd one since i have that. There was not any option showed to set up my monitor to 1280x1024@75 so i choosed something 1152x862 on 75Hz because this is the largest resolution on 75Hz. But finishing the installation my monitor shows up an Out of range error.
Could somebody tell me how to change the frequency in recovery mode. I have also installed Ltools to get the chance r/w on linux partitions under win.

I am looking forward your answers
To reconfigure the monitor values (and a bunch of others) run as root:

Code: Select all

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
If you're unsure about some of the questions, just use the preselected choice, which is what it's already being used by the package.
The Debian Documentation website contains the FAQ, Installation Manual and the Release Notes for Etch. They're helpful if you want to learn more about debian!