Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Mozilla and PDF

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
denise

Mozilla and PDF

#1 Post by denise »

Can somebody tell if I need to install a plugin to view PDF files in mozilla and when I do, which one do i need?

(I must be honest I'm slowly losing my motivation, everthing I want to do, needs some extra installation or configuration. I'm sorry but my windows machine doesn't need these when I want to do "normal" thinks.)

lacek

#2 Post by lacek »

You have to download acrobat reader from the acrobat website. Or, you may simply enter 'apt-get install acroread' to get it. If you have mozilla from a Debian package, the plugin for PDF files should be installed.

If you don't have packaged Mozilla and/or Acroread, then download acroread, and make a symlink to nppdf.so into the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory.

By the way, you do had to download acroread for windows, don't you? The fact that Acrobat writes an installer which works well for windows and they doesn't even care about Linux is not Linux's fault.

denise

#3 Post by denise »

You're right.
I was just losing my patience. Everyting went wrong that day.
But everything is cool again. I'm ready to face a new challenge. :wink:

thanks
:D