Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Konqueror Audio Cd Browser MP3?

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
martynguk2002

Konqueror Audio Cd Browser MP3?

#1 Post by martynguk2002 »

Im using KDE3.3.2 & when there is an audio CD in drive under Audio Cd browser in Konqueror I get the option of ripping the CD in OGG or FLAC format, I have just been googling to find out if it is possible to add MP3 and the pages I found seemed to suggest that as long as the lame MP3 codec was installed I should be able to and configure it under 'Control Center' > 'Sound & Multimedia' > 'Audio CDs' but I only seem to have an OGG encoder tab here and no mention of MP3.
What do i need to do to be able to rip CD's to MP3 from Konqueror? I have the lame encoder installed via Kpackage, I have been using KAudioCreator to do the job but would be somuch easier to be able to drag an icon from Konqueror to get the job done.

Thanks
Martyn

tim

#2 Post by tim »

Grieve not for happy Claudius, he is dead;
And empty is his skull.
Pity no longer, arm-in-arm with Dread,
Walks that polished hall.

Joy, too, is fled.
But no man can have all.

--Edna St. Vincent Millay

martynguk2002

#3 Post by martynguk2002 »

Hi, thanks for replying.

The page you linked to basically say to install lame and Konqueror will automatically find it and add MP3 to the Audio CD Browser window. I have already installed lame and it seems to be working as I can use KAudioCreator to Rip to MP3 its version 3.96.1-1, could it be I need a diffrent version of lame? I'm using version 3.3.2 of KDE.