Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

problem with KDE and gnome

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
bob_man_uk

problem with KDE and gnome

#1 Post by bob_man_uk »

this problem is prevailant no matter what display manager I run, I have debian (woody) installed and every time I run it (kde) i get the mouse cursor mirrored right next to the original I also get trails of the cursor when I move it accross the screen (especially when an application is loading and it shows an animation) on the task bar after loading I get vertical lines in various colors which dissapear after opening an application, I am running this on a laptop with a 15in screen, I have tried different setups with varying settings from 640x480 to 1024x768 all with and without tft monitor support,

thanks in advance for your help,

matty G

Maurice

#2 Post by Maurice »

Please post your XF86Config-4 file. Probably is has something to do with this config file, which controls your X.

It can be found in /etc/X11.
The greatest obstacle while discovering the shape of the earth, the oceans and the continents was not ignorence, but the illusion of knowledge.

http://linux-box.nl