Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

firefox middle-click on tab doesn't close it [resolved]

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
dja

firefox middle-click on tab doesn't close it [resolved]

#1 Post by dja »

Hi,
I've been using ubuntu, but recently switched to debian. While using ubuntu, I was having a problem with firefox 1.07 where middle-clicking (my scrollwheel) on an open tab doesn't close it, instead it googles whatever's in your clipboard. Same thing if you middle click on the page. In ubuntu, I upgraded to 1.5 and it fixed it... normal tab closing with middle click and nothing irregular if you click in the page, IIRC.

So now with debian (testing) I had the same problem with ff 1.07. I d/l and dpkg -i'd "firefox_1.5.dfsg-4_i386.deb" and everything went smoothly, but unfortunately I still have the weird middle click behavior.

The only thing I can think is that it asked me to update my config files, and I chose yes on the first one before realizing the default was no. Might that have moved over the weird middle-click prefs from 1.07?? If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance,
-Doug
Last edited by dja on 2006-01-27 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

dja

#2 Post by dja »

I found the solution.

in about:config

you have to change:
middlemouse.contentLoadURL FALSE

I have no clue why that option is set to true by default, it's incredibly annoying.

-Doug